1. Sai Chung Lee
Prelude and Fugue in C sharp major (WTK, Book 1), BWV 848
Etude No. 12 in C minor, Op. 10 “Revolutionary”
Piano Sonata No. 62 in E flat major, Hob. XVI: 52 I.
Piano Concerto No. 2 in G minor, Op. 22 III. Presto
Sai Chung Lee is an enthusiastic 14 year old who received his L.Mus.A. with distinction in 2020 and A.Mus.A. in 2018. He has performed at the Australian Music Examinations Board ceremony and awards concert and in the Australasian Piano Pedagogy Conference 2019 and at the Gold Coast Festival 2017. Sai Chung has an extensive competition history including winning:
• Most Promising performer (all ages piano section) - Gold Coast Eisteddfod
• Most Outstanding Performer - Redlands Eisteddfod
• Winner Queensland Piano Competition Duet Section – twice
• Winner Little Chinese Pianist of Queensland
• Enoggera eisteddfod – multiples times he has won each of the following – Accompanist Guild of Queensland bursary, 18yrs and under Instrumental award, Junior Championship, Intermediate Championship
• Brisbane Eisteddfod – Winner junior championship
• Along with first places in multiple solo, duet and accompaniment sections in each of each of these eisteddfods starting from 2012
Sai Chung received an A+ (96%) for his Grade 5 musicianship exam in 2015 (when he was 9 years old) and received an A for Gr 6 musicianship in 2019. Sai Chung has a keen interest in understanding the context of his pieces and has a passion for performing. He hopes to pursue a career in music.